Our Partner Bekaert
Bekaert (www.bekaert.com) is global market and technology leader in steel wire transformation and coatings. It is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of drawn steel wire products. Bekaert (Euronext Brussels: BEKB) is headquartered in Belgium and employs more than 27 000 people worldwide. Serving customers in 120 countries the company pursues sustainable profitable growth in all its activities. The Bekaert Group generates more than 4 billion Euro of combined sales annually.
You may know Bekaert as a supplier of steel cord for tire reinforcement. In fact, one of four tires in the world is reinforced with steel cord from Bekaert. Or perhaps you are familiar with Bekaert’s Dramix® steel fibers, which are used to reinforce more than five million cubic meters of concrete every year. Bekaert also offers significant added value with a very broad product portfolio of steel wire products for a wide range of markets, including the automobile and construction industries, energy and utilities markets, the equipment sector, and agriculture and consumer markets.
Our baseline better together sums up the unique form that cooperation between Bekaert and its business partners takes. We want to know you and we want to help you grow your business. We are ready to meet your needs in the short and long term.
- Founded in 1880 in Belgium.
- Specializes in advanced steel wire transformation and advanced coatings.
- Customers in more than 120 countries and in all markets and sectors.
- We have 27 000 motivated employees in our plants and offices worldwide.
- Headquartered in Belgium.
- Combined sales in 2013: €4.1 billion.
- Consolidated sales in 2013: €3.2 billion.
- Registered on the Euronext® Stock Exchange Brussels (BEKB).
- Presents reports according to International Financial and Reporting Standards, IFRS.
A global player with local presence and service
- North America: 1 600 employees, €548 million in combined sales.
- Latin America: 7 800 employees, €1 534 million in combined sales.
- Europe: 5 800 employees, €1 028 million in combined sales.
- Asia-Pacific: 11 200 employees, €1 001 million in combined sales.
Leader in the global market for
- Dramix® fibers for concrete reinforcement.
- Wire for champagne cork muselets.
- Steel cord to reinforce radial tires.
- Nylon-coated wires, such as book binding wires.
- Profiled wire to reinforce flexible pipes.
- Steel fibers, which are used in applications for textiles, filtration and conductive plastic.